Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Restricting GroupJive Wall Posts

• softforge
  • softforge
6 years 3 months ago #306315 by softforge
Restricting GroupJive Wall Posts was created by softforge
Hi I am trying to set up a system that would allow any registered member see any groups wall if they join the group but only certain members of the group would be able to post.
So imagine you have a community site with members.
The community has task groups that is made up of committee members. Someone is in charge of the Group and can invite other committee members into the group. All the committee members in that group can post on the task groups wall and that way any member what wants to see the what the task group committee activity is would join the group and can then see the activity. But I dont want the members to add to the groups wall.
Is there a way to restrict it so anyone can joint the group to see, but only those invited can write or post.

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #306318 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Restricting GroupJive Wall Posts
There's no ACL restrictions available for CB GroupJive Wall in regards to posting permissions. At best you could set the ACL of the plugin it self within CB > Plugin Management, but that will also limit who can see it. GJ is designed to allow those that are active members of the group to use that groups functionality and there is no functionality to change that. As for users seeing the wall when they are not a member of that group simply set the group to Open type.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon