Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to leave Activity of users that have deleted themselves

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 2 months ago #306474 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I have a user that has posted quite a lot but then has deleted his own profile. The activity he posted disappeared since he has opted to delete his profile. Instead, I would like to leave the activity he posted but take out all personal information (ie the link to his profile as well as his name in order to comply with GDPR in the easiest way possible). Is that possible?

Here is the activity still present in the table.

BUT, when I (or another admin) block the person, profile etc... I would like ALL his activity and his comments to disappear.

Is that possible?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 months ago #306493 by krileon

Is that possible?

No, activity of a user that doesn't exist can not display. It's either deleted or kept but not displayed. There is no anonymous output at this time, but once implemented this maybe a possibility.

Is that possible?

That's already the case. It checks confirmation, approval, and block state of a user before outputting their activity or comments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 2 months ago #306494 by timstohr
Hi I just came up with a potential solution (actually came up with already two days ago but forgot to write it down).
Lets say that we have a trigger that gets acted on when a user (person A) deletes their id and lets say that we have that users id inside the array sent along with the trigger.
Then it would be possible to assign all activity from person A to Person B (change of user ID). IF we then name Person B now "Anonymous Person" (or "person that deleted itself") then we would immediatly have the feature...

AND, that may also be a simple way to have anonymous ie public postings if done the right way.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 months ago #306496 by krileon
Yes, you could create a dummy user account to hold those posts. Within CB Activity > Parameters > General set "Auto Delete" to "Disable" then act on the onAfterDeleteUser trigger and implement your custom activity cleanup behavior there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 2 months ago #306509 by timstohr
hmm have no idea how to do it to be honest. I just know that it would work in theory. Can you help? I would need everything to re-assigned to user with id "9025"

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 months ago #306512 by krileon
You would need to completely implement this your self. Easiest way is probably just a Query action that changes the user_id for any entries the user previously owned across all the CB Activity database tables.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon