Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Create/Cancel Blog Post buttons started showing outside form area

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #306490 by STUCKSHUTTER
We have had the blog create/cancel buttons displaying fine for a few years but recently the formatting seems to have changed on how these show. We found they now display outside of the form area on display. We also noticed there is a JavaScript error showing in the console window: TypeError: $.slidebars is not a function.

We are not sure that JavaScript error the cause as it's template related (Responsive 2 template from Joomlabamboo) we've used and not changed in a couple of years. It has a flyout area for menu overflow but those were disabled to test resolving this display issue so nothing uses that position.

This may not be an issue with CB since your code is always bulletproof but we have to start somewhere... We can potentially solve the problem by moving these buttons below the form with css but have been unsuccessful in selecting the class in a way to do so.

Any help or thoughts you could give us would be appreciated very much.

If you would like to see the page, you can see it here on our TEST server:

[REMOVED]

Thank you,
Chris Dekle
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 months ago #306495 by krileon
Please do not provide login credentials here. These are public forums. Please delete the accounts you've provided or change their passwords immediately. It does not matter if it's a test site or not. Do not provide credentials here.

We have had the blog create/cancel buttons displaying fine for a few years but recently the formatting seems to have changed on how these show. We found they now display outside of the form area on display.

Displays fine on our demo site below. Most likely you've a CSS conflict coming from somewhere.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Try changing to default Joomla protostar template and see if issue persists.

We also noticed there is a JavaScript error showing in the console window: TypeError: $.slidebars is not a function.

That would be from something you've installed or your Joomla template. There is no sidebars jQuery usage in CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #306516 by STUCKSHUTTER
Thanks for taking a look.
Seemed a logical place to start... at least we know it's not CB.

Is there a css selector that we can use so we can apply a custom style to the the button area?
Thanks again

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 months ago #306528 by krileon

Is there a css selector that we can use so we can apply a custom style to the the button area?

I wouldn't be trying to apply any CSS to it until you've found the cause. Try switching to default Joomla protostar template and see if issue persists. If issue goes away you may want to contact your template developer. If it doesn't try right clicking and clicking inspect element on the button to review the CSS being applied to it or its container elements to help see what's moving it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon