Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] I'm having problems with the terms and conditions field

• regnium
  • regnium
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #306586 by regnium
Hey
I'm having a problem with the terms and conditions field, when I set it as "required" the login module doesn't register the field as filled however, when the field is not required it is registered.
Is there any configuration I'm missing?
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 months ago #306592 by krileon

login module doesn't register the field as filled however, when the field is not required it is registered.

The login module? Sorry, I don't understand. The terms and conditions field won't interact with login and is only preset on registration and/or profile edit. If it's marked required the user will have to have the terms and conditions checkbox checked in order to complete registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• regnium
  • regnium
6 years 2 months ago #306600 by regnium

krileon wrote: Sorry, I don't understand. The terms and conditions field won't interact with login and is only preset on registration and/or profile edit. If it's marked required the user will have to have the terms and conditions checkbox checked in order to complete registration.

Right excuse me if I didn't express myself right.
At registration if I set the terms and conditions field as required even if the user is checking the box a warning shows up tellling the field is required, and doesn't allow to finish the registration and by setting the field as not required (to allow the registration process to complete) the field doesn't get populated

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 months ago #306603 by krileon
Seams to be working fine in my tests. Disable non-core plugins 1 by 1 to see if issue goes away as you may have a conflict of some sort (usually due to modifying the user object during registration). Please also be sure everything installed is up to date and if unsure if CB is up to date download the latest from our downloads page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• regnium
  • regnium
6 years 2 months ago #306606 by regnium
thanks for the support, indeed was a plugin thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon