Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How parameter new options in an existing list of users

• sereniteam
  • sereniteam
6 years 2 months ago #306738 by sereniteam
Hello,

Many thanks for the quality of your product. After implementing new options in our CB profile, such as the "Gestbook" possibility, i can't find out how to fix it in order to let the user active it by himself.

To be clear, Gestbook is appearing on each user profile instead of beeing propose to them as an option that can be activate from their proper administration.

By default it appears and checkbox aren't checked in the administration side.

Can you tell me how to proceed ? Shall I have to access to all of them ?
monbilansportsante.fr/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=963&Itemid=475

SereniTeam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sereniteam
  • sereniteam
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #306739 by sereniteam
I do have an other problem when connecting to a test user such as login [REMOVED] on the our site www.monbilansportsante.fr

User ( CYVM ) can't unpublish or delete any message on its Livre d'or !

It works on our local site but not anymore online ?

SereniTeam
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by krileon.

• sereniteam
  • sereniteam
6 years 2 months ago #306743 by sereniteam
This problem has been solved... Solution was on the over-write file.

SereniTeam

• sereniteam
  • sereniteam
6 years 2 months ago #306744 by sereniteam
To go further the overwritting of some of the commands doesn't work properly.... If I am not wrong

sample with : //'ARE_YOU_SURE_YOU_WANT_TO_DELETE_THIS_GUESTBOOK_SIG_accfee' => 'Voulez vous retirer ce message de votre livre d\'or ?',

SereniTeam

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 months ago #306752 by krileon

Many thanks for the quality of your product. After implementing new options in our CB profile, such as the "Gestbook" possibility, i can't find out how to fix it in order to let the user active it by himself.

To be clear, Gestbook is appearing on each user profile instead of beeing propose to them as an option that can be activate from their proper administration.

By default it appears and checkbox aren't checked in the administration side.

Can you tell me how to proceed ? Shall I have to access to all of them ?

You can't set the CB ProfileBook tabs as default disabled unless you set those parameters to display on registration and set their default registration value to _UE_NO. This would only apply to new registrations.

User ( CYVM ) can't unpublish or delete any message on its Livre d'or !

I don't have a clue what "Livre d'or" is. Please clarify if it's the Wall, Book, or Blog tab. They should have no issues with managing posts on their own profile. They can not manage posts on other users profile unless they're the creator of the post or are a CB Moderator. There's no parameters to even change this functionality so I assume you're viewing a profile other than your own.

To go further the overwritting of some of the commands doesn't work properly.... If I am not wrong

sample with : //'ARE_YOU_SURE_YOU_WANT_TO_DELETE_THIS_GUESTBOOK_SIG_accfee' => 'Voulez vous retirer ce message de votre livre d\'or ?',

Use the language finder below in the language overrides to find strings to override.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18712-language-key-and-text-finder

That's a generated language key for the text "Are you sure you want to delete this guestbook signature?". So you can use the below in language overrides to translate it.

Key: Are you sure you want to delete this guestbook signature?
Text: Voulez vous retirer ce message de votre livre d'or ?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon