Skip to Content Skip to Menu

cb field group error message

• chanteur94
  • chanteur94
6 years 1 month ago #307041 by chanteur94
cb field group error message was created by chanteur94
Hi

After installing cb_fieldgroups , this error message appears :

Unsupported database for Field Group searching and optimal storage. Please update to MySQL 5.7.8+ and ensure Community Builder is up to date.

CB is up to date but MySQL version is 5.6. I can't update to 5.7 because it is a shared hosting OVH.

How can I do ?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 1 month ago #307045 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb field group error message
If you can't update to MySQL 5.7.8 or greater then you will not be able to use searching in field groups. You will still be able to use field groups, but they will store in the database as text type instead of json type, which is less efficient storage and lookup. It's not a huge deal storage wise, but if you are needing searching on field groups you've no option beyond upgrading as the functions necessary for the searching to work are not available on older MySQL releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon