Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problem with Joomla Connect Facebook

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 1 month ago #307156 by timstohr
Problem with Joomla Connect Facebook was created by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I used to get avatar and canvas from Facebook upon registration via Facebook using the CB Connect module. Now suddenly it stopped working. Once I delete the avatar and canvas transferral then it starts working again.

Could you please check what the problem is?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 1 month ago #307167 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with Joomla Connect Facebook
Still works fine in my tests.

Once I delete the avatar and canvas transferral then it starts working again.

Don't understand what you mean by this. It's working, but not working?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 1 month ago #307170 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Problem with Joomla Connect Facebook
:)
I mean that facebook connect works in general IF I do not have Avatar and Canvas being taken over from FB. No problems there.

Problem: When Avatar and Canvas fields are taken over from FB, then it simply stops working. What I am guessing is that Facebook changed in some ways and is now actively blocking Avatar and Canvas field taking over.

Please note that I have the permissions on my Facebook app set to "public_information" only (not requesting any other permissions from FB).

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 1 month ago #307178 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with Joomla Connect Facebook
You don't map Avatar or Canvas fields. That's entirely handled automatically. There is no enabling/disabling that functionality. Avatar and Canvas synchronization on registration is working fine in my tests and I see no changes in their API regarding either. Within your Facebook Application click Settings > Advanced and check "Upgrade All Calls" is set to. I've tested v3.0 for compatibility. v3.1 has not been tested, but should work fine based off the changelog.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon