Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Allow user to moderate specific users

• njawin
  • njawin
6 years 1 month ago #307274 by njawin
Hi,

I try to give rights to parents to manage their children account. Scenario is :
2 users : Lamb and Aries,
Aries need to see et manage Lamb account from its own account.
I create two groups : Sheep and Admin sheep,
Lamb is in Sheep group and Aries is in both.

With CB privacy I can allow group Admin sheep to see group Sheep and other users cannot (that's good). Then with link ou GroupJive I can give access to Lamb account.

What I need to do is to allow users in Admin Sheep group to moderate/manage users in Sheep group.

In CB->Configuration->Moderation->Levels, I try to change settings but it gives rights to moderate all users :( .

Is there a way to give rights to users ou a group (Aries ou Admin sheep users) to moderate/manage only specific users ? Indeed, we have families with child and we try to give rights to parents to manage their children account. (Maybe there is another scenario to do this).

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 1 month ago #307276 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Allow user to moderate specific users
It's not possible for user specific moderation. No such functionality exists at this time. Easiest way to have what you're wanting is for the parents to simply know the childs login credentials.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• njawin
  • njawin
6 years 1 month ago #307284 by njawin
Replied by njawin on topic Allow user to moderate specific users
Ok. Thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon