Skip to Content Skip to Menu

chnage display of the link in a user list

• chanteur94
  • chanteur94
6 years 3 weeks ago #307600 by chanteur94
chnage display of the link in a user list was created by chanteur94
Hi

When i click on a user list, the result of the link is like : /index.php/fr/cb-profile/525-fan0-website-com, with 525 the id of the user, and fan0@mywebsite.com the email of the user.

I don't want users can see (or understand) the email of the others users.

How can i change this ?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 weeks ago #307613 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic chnage display of the link in a user list
It doesn't use email, it uses username. So their username was set to an email address. Either they did that themselves or you configured username to fallback to email address and disable registration/edit display of username so they weren't able to supply a username.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• chanteur94
  • chanteur94
6 years 3 weeks ago #307633 by chanteur94
Replied by chanteur94 on topic change display of the link in a user list
I don't use username. My login method is email.
For test, i activate username edit profile and i can see the email in the field.

How to change the username in firstname+lastname for example ?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 weeks ago #307644 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic change display of the link in a user list
If you're not using the Username field then you're subject to Username Fallback, which you can change within CB > Configuration > User Profile. Note changing that parameter does not affect existing users; you will need to fix their username manually from CB > User Management. Alternatively you can just use the included Profile URL field to allow them to change their URL to whatever they like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• chanteur94
  • chanteur94
6 years 3 weeks ago #307660 by chanteur94
Replied by chanteur94 on topic change display of the link in a user list
I used username Fallback but i thought it doesn't work. Or in fact, it works.. i had to change old username.

Thank you.

PS : possible to have firstname + lastname in the username fallback ?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 weeks ago #307664 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic change display of the link in a user list

PS : possible to have firstname + lastname in the username fallback ?

Yes, just select the Name field. Should be directly under the Recommended group.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: chanteur94

Moderators: beatnantkrileon