Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Using Auto Action to create a new function

• shih
  • shih
6 years 3 weeks ago #307623 by shih
Hello ,

I am wondering if I can create a function on my site by using Auto Action.

The function is:
When user clicks on a "confirm button" with which they agree to provide the service, then they will be added to a list.

I searched the triggers in Auto Action, but seemingly I didn't see something may do the job. But as far as you guys know, can I create this function with Auto Action?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 weeks ago #307641 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Using Auto Action to create a new function
You sure can! Set Triggers to None then set User to Self. Next have your button simply navigate to that auto action directly (URL for direct execution can be found under the Global tab). The page will be blank unless you output something, which can be done under the Output tab (can also use PHP here to redirect). With User set to Self substitutions and access checks will always be based off the user navigating to the URL so you can for example change a users field value from here using a Field action if you wanted, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, shih

• shih
  • shih
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #307834 by shih
>Next have your button simply navigate to that auto action directly (URL for direct execution can be found under the Global tab.
sorry, I think I didn't get this line. on Global Tab of New Auto Action, I didn't see anything related to URL?

I set trigger to None, User to Self... And What "Type" should I choose?

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by shih.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #307844 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Using Auto Action to create a new function

sorry, I think I didn't get this line. on Global Tab of New Auto Action, I didn't see anything related to URL?

The URL will be available under the Global tab once you save your auto action.

And What "Type" should I choose?

Depends entirely on what you need it to do. If you just want to change a fields value use Field, if you want to output custom HTML or run custom PHP use Code, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon