Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] GJ forum not being created for new groups

6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #307681 by victoriakim
Hi,

I am reconstructing my site using new template, re-naming menus... for last two months. Surely there were updates on almost every plugins including Joomla, CB and Kunena for this period.

For some reason, the creation of group forum doesn't work anymore for new groups. The existing group forums remain fine and working.

I checked every possible areas I could think of for this connection : Kunena - CB integration, GJ forum plugin setting, each group's integration setting, CB forums plugin. All seem fine.

Anywhere else should I look into?

Thanks,
V
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 weeks ago #307691 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ forum not being created for new groups
Within CB GroupJive Forums under Parameters > General ensure you've the top level category selected for the Category parameter that your other group forums are in. If this is not selected then group forum categories will not be created. Within the group if New Category is selected it should generate the forum category on save of that group.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 weeks ago #307707 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic GJ forum not being created for new groups
In the past (in my current live site), when I create a new category in GroupJive, a new corresponding category was created in the Kunena as a top level category. Then I assigned these together as you described CB GroupJive forums under Parameter.

Now (in my current dev site) ,for some reason, this connection seems to be broken. Kenena doesn't create any new category nor group forum connected to GJ.

I tried...

1. created a new GJ category, Kunena didn't create a new category corresponding to it.
2. manually created a new Kunena category, and select this when I create a new category in GJ, to see if GJ category to be listed under this Kunena category... nope, didn't work.
3. created a new group under an existing GJ category which has an existing connection to Kunena category. Kunena didn't create this group's forum.
4. tested with previous version of GJ, made no difference.

i wonder what could've caused this issue.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 weeks ago #307710 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ forum not being created for new groups

In the past (in my current live site), when I create a new category in GroupJive, a new corresponding category was created in the Kunena as a top level category. Then I assigned these together as you described CB GroupJive forums under Parameter.

The top level category that it places GJ forums in is not created automatically. You must do that first then configure it in CB GroupJive Forums and is all you'll need to do. Creating GJ groups should from then on generate their forums. If the group is missing its forums simply edit and save the group to generate its forums. Have retested this locally and on our demo site, appears to be working fine in both tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, victoriakim

• nant
  • nant
6 years 3 weeks ago #307712 by nant
We also have a video on youtube that shows you how to do this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: victoriakim

6 years 3 weeks ago #307736 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic GJ forum not being created for new groups
I must have done something on the dev site to break this connection.

Thanks for the info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon