Skip to Content Skip to Menu

autoaction on login failure

• jciconsult
  • jciconsult
6 years 3 weeks ago #307700 by jciconsult
autoaction on login failure was created by jciconsult
In our system, accounts are blocked when expired. Is there a login attempt failure autoaction which would allow us to display an account expired message?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #307708 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic autoaction on login failure
Blocked how? CB AntiSpam block or just blocking their Joomla account? If CB AntiSpam block it already includes the functionality to specify a message to display to them. If Joomla account block you'll probably need to add some sort of behavior on the onAfterUserLoginFailed trigger, but it doesn't include a user object. Its available variables are as follows.

Code:
$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'onAfterUserLoginFailed', array( $username, $password, $rememberMe, $secretKey, &$return, &$alertmessages, &$messagesToUser, &$resultError ) );

Be careful on what you output with that trigger as it is used for all failed login attempts (e.g. password is wrong).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon