Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] User profile seems to be missing something vital and is not working as per video

6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #307713 by allanassoc.com
Hello Support.

So I've obviously done something stupid and am having trouble accessing any user profile functions. That is to say, there are no options available on Edit, Connection or the menu button. I watched the video with Nick and it all just automagically happened with a clean install so I'm not sure what I can do or what I've done. I can't rebuild the site at the moment though.

Additionally, the font is very small (minor issue).

best if I show you a picture I guess.

Any idea how I can get this working? Many thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 weeks ago #307737 by krileon
You mean clicking Edit, Connections, or the hamburger menu doesn't display their dropdowns? If that's the case it's very likely due to a fatal JS error. Switch to default Joomla protostar template and see if your issue persists as both your issues are typically due to the template.

Additionally, the font is very small (minor issue).

See below regarding small font.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/239316-community-builder-2-2-bootstrap-4-release?start=6#305472

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 weeks ago #307746 by allanassoc.com
Great, the font is now bigger but when I change the template everything breaks. I'm using JSN_Epic_2.

The weird thing is that on rare occasions it works but I can't figure out what makes that happen.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 weeks ago #307749 by krileon

but when I change the template everything breaks. I'm using JSN_Epic_2.

Navigate to your profile, change template to protostar, then refresh. Now check to make sure the menus not working are now working.

The weird thing is that on rare occasions it works but I can't figure out what makes that happen.

It's most likely a fatal JS error. Press F12 to open your browsers developer tools. Click the Console tab. Now refresh the page and look for errors (they're typically colored red).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 weeks ago #307751 by allanassoc.com
6 Errors, but they mean little to me I'm afraid.
Attachments:

6 years 3 weeks ago #307753 by allanassoc.com
Ah I've found the problem. I am using the Full_ajax plugin and that is the cause of the problems. Have disabled it for now and will RTFM to see how to set it up properly. It's always been not a problem before so I haven't changed anything from default settings. Looks Like I'll have to now.

Thanks a lot for your help
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon