Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Suggestion in CB Activity and CBSearchBot

• chanteur94
  • chanteur94
6 years 3 days ago #308068 by chanteur94
Suggestion in CB Activity and CBSearchBot was created by chanteur94
Hi

Is it possible in CB Activity Comments and in the Search Form to have suggestions of users when I'm writing.

Example : I'm writing Fra...and software suggest Frank XXXX
(Hope you understand what i'm trying to explain)

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 2 days ago #308078 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Suggestion in CB Activity and CBSearchBot
Not at this time, but it's planned in a future release (note it will likely only auto complete mentions for your connections). For now you need to use a @mention if you want to mention someone the mention can be their username, name, or user id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• chanteur94
  • chanteur94
5 years 11 months ago #308230 by chanteur94
Replied by chanteur94 on topic Suggestion in CB Activity and CBSearchBot
"For now you need to use a @mention" -> never do that. How ?

Thank you.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 11 months ago #308248 by krileon
In CB Activity you'd simply add @username, @name, or @user_id and it'll display their formatted name as well as link to their profile. There's no solution for CB Search Bot since Joomla search does not allow HTML in search results and there's no way for us to alter the search form to add some sort of auto complete.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• chanteur94
  • chanteur94
5 years 11 months ago #308266 by chanteur94
Replied by chanteur94 on topic Suggestion in CB Activity and CBSearchBot
Ok, now i understand how it works but I have strange results.

If my username is : Joe Cocker

If I write @joe cocker - result - link Joe Cocker

If I write @joe - result - @joe
If I write @joe cocker @joe in the same line - result - links Joe Cocker Joe Cocker

Strange.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 11 months ago #308267 by krileon
It has to be a 1:1 match of either name, username, or user id. Your last example is just the regexp being a bit too greedy and replacing @joe as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon