Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Activity Layout Problem

5 years 11 months ago #308205 by Neandertaler
CB Activity Layout Problem was created by Neandertaler
Since CB 2.2 you changed the layout of the CB Activity to Bootstrap 4. We use the CB Activity it as a kind of "shoutbox" where users can post something (similar to a forum).
The main problem, why we still use CB 2.1.5: The "word wrap" will wrap the lines in the middle of a word to bring the text justified in the text box. Until 2.1.5 the word wrap works correct and wraps lines between 2 words (at a space). Now the words are wrapped in the middle, which looks scary!
On the other side (for the upcomming Joomla 4) you changed the layout of the text, so the text in activity boxes has a different layout than text of "normal" articles.
Is there an easy way for me to change this layout (and the wrong word wrapping) without "hacking" (I'm NO CSS expert!)
In v215.jpg you can see the correct wrap of text, in v221.jpg there is a wrap in the middle of the word!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 11 months ago #308215 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity Layout Problem
The wrapping problem will be fixed in the next stable build for CB Activity where it should be less aggressive with the wrapping along with some other UX improvements. Probably be out this week or next after the next stable CB build is released.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon