Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Integration with the new Privacy Suite?

• rbuelund
  • rbuelund
5 years 11 months ago #308262 by rbuelund
Integration with the new Privacy Suite? was created by rbuelund
How and when will CB integrate with the new Privacy Suite in Joomla 3.9 ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 11 months ago #308270 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Integration with the new Privacy Suite?
We'll be integrating CB with all available Privacy Suite functionality in a free plugin to be included with CB. We've a new CB stable release to prepare and a few CB plugins will have new stable releases (UX and performance improvements). Once that's done I'll begin work on the integration plugin, which I don't expect to take long and am guessing it should be available before end of next month.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ernienet
  • ernienet
5 years 9 months ago #309752 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Integration with the new Privacy Suite?
In the CB 2.4.0 announcement:

Integration with Joomla 3.9 privacy suite including privacy policy, terms and conditions, user delete request and user export request.

How is this implemented? Is there any action to set it up? I can't find a new CB Plugin - or Joomla Plugin. Is the feature integrated with Joomla on the backend so that when I set up the Joomla Privacy settings, CB 2.4 internally integrates?

Thank you,
Ernie

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago #309754 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Integration with the new Privacy Suite?
Simply use those features in Joomla. There's no setup in CB required. If the Privacy Policy is used its field will display on CBs registration fine. If the terms and conditions plugin is used its field will also display on CBs registration fine. If you use Joomlas privacy component endpoint to request a user data export it will include their CB profile data as well. If you use the privacy component endpoint to request a user delete it will also delete the CB user (deleting a user from Joomla user management will also delete them in CB now as well).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon