Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Activity parameters for user + connected

• kdave321
  • kdave321
5 years 9 months ago #309452 by kdave321
I am trying to get the activity log to display either in a tab or in an article with CB Content.

At first I saw my own activity and some things about the activity of my connections, but I saw your post about modifying CB Activity plugin -> Parameters -> Notifications -> Asset. "user, following", and tried that ( even tho it says it just applies to CB Menu ).

It seems to have removed anything having to do with my connections from the activity log.

I have tried a variety of assets, user, connections, connectionsonly, and nothing changes now. Am I messing with the wrong "Asset"?

I would like the activity list to show only updates by me, my connections, and perhaps, also following.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #309454 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity parameters for user + connected
Asset by default for the Activity tab already shows your connections activity. There's no reason to change this. You can't see your connections notifications as that'd be a privacy issue; you will only see notifications meant for you. As for displaying activity in Joomla content you'll need to be sure CB Activity Bot is installed then review its description carefully as it'll explain how to output activity anywhere Joomla content prepare is used (e.g. in Joomla articles).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by krileon.

• kdave321
  • kdave321
5 years 9 months ago #309459 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic CB Activity parameters for user + connected
OK, yes, I have both CB Content Bot and CB Activity plugin installed.

I don't have the "Content - CB Activity" plugin published - I thought that was for embedding activity streams...

To clarify, I can use the CB Activity module to display activity of everyone which I reserve for admins, but I am trying to use this in a Joomla article for the logged in user and his connections:

[cb:usertab tab="25" user="#me" /]

The tab on the profile gives the same result.

Still, with Asset empty, I see only activity of user and not the activity of his connections, nor any new postings by his connections. I have clicked on everything in the CB Activity plugin and I just don't see it...

Any ideas?

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #309467 by krileon
By default the Activity tab shows the users connections activity. There is nothing to configure to have this behavior as again it's default. Ensure your connections are configured correctly (mutual consent and cross connections are recommended). For the Activity module the default is to display all activity the same as the Recent Activity page. To have the module display the same as the Activity tab you'll need to use an Asset of "user.connections,following". As for displaying activity in a Joomla article you need to have CB Activity Bot installed then review its description for its substitution usage.

Note if you are not the owner of the profile and you view another users activity tab you will only see their activity (including direct posts on their stream from their connections). It will not display their connections activity to you. This is the same behavior you'll find on other social sites (e.g. Facebook).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by krileon.

• kdave321
  • kdave321
5 years 9 months ago #309482 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic CB Activity parameters for user + connected
Well, no idea why, but I could never correctly configure the profile user tab either in the profile or from an article with [cb:usertab... I do have mutual connection and cross connection set. It would show only the user's own activity.

Then, I had been trying to generate a menu item from type CB -> plugin -> CB Activity. That showed only global activity and ignored any attempts to configure.

But finally, I published the CB Activity Joomla module to an empty article and set Asset to ""user.connections,following" - and that worked!

Still, I want it to show only posts and not "now connected" messages. Is there a configuration option for that?

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago #309507 by krileon
You shouldn't need to touch a single parameter for profile activity. It's configured to display connections activity out of the box. Leave Asset empty for the Activity tab. Don't know what more to suggest beyond comparing your configuration to our demo site below as something has been changed from the defaults it seams.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Still, I want it to show only posts and not "now connected" messages. Is there a configuration option for that?

Nope, there's no functionality at this time to exclude assets from a stream.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon