Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Is there a SHARE functionality in CB Activity?

• timstohr
  • timstohr
5 years 9 months ago #309626 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
Is there a SHARE functionality in CB Activity? All that I wanted it to do was basically a copy action where you can assign different ASSETS to it eg: one user creates an activity with asset "events.87" and then having a SHARE button that will make an exact copy of the activity and give it the asset "mainforum" (or marketplace or jobs or whatever you set in the backend).

Is that possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago #309650 by krileon
There's no share functionality at this time. It is possible to display another activity entry as an activity entry using the asset "activity.ACTIVITY_ID_HERE" though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
5 years 9 months ago #309701 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Is there a SHARE functionality in CB Activity?
Yeah, I would have needed it from the front-end as that would increase the possible user interactions.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago #309706 by krileon
Best I can suggest is probably to use CB Auto Actions and leave Triggers as None. You can then use it for direct execution. You could then create activity with the asset structure provided above to have Share behavior. Share/Repost is a planned feature in a later release though, but I don't know when.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon