Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Profile edit approval

5 years 9 months ago #309669 by apurvkolte
Profile edit approval was created by apurvkolte
Is it possible to add an approval step before the user updated fields are visible on profile ?
e.g. If a user update his/her address, it shouldn't be visible on profile. The update will be visible on profile only after a moderator 'approves' it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago #309683 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile edit approval
Only image fields have approval. Other fields do not at this time. You'd have to try and put together something with CB Auto Actions. For example you'd have a checkbox field that's used to toggle if approved or not. You'd use CB Conditional to show/hide your file field based off the value of that checkbox field. You'd then toggle the checkbox field back to a value of 0 if the file field changed. Below should be able to pull this off, but it's a bit of work. You'll need CB Privacy to ensure the checkbox is moderator only edit.

File Field Name: cb_file
Checkbox Field Name: cb_fileapproved

Auto Action
Global
Triggers: onAfterUserUpdate
Action: Field
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var1_cb_file] Not Equal To [var3_cb_file]
Action
Field: cb_fileapproved
Operator: Set
Value: 0

File Field Condition
Display: Field conditional show
Field: cb_fileapproved
Operator: Equal To
Value: 1
Locations
Profile Edit: No
Profile View: Yes
Userlists Search: No
Userlists View: Yes

Checkbox Field Privacy
Edit Display: Moderators only edit display

Using this you basically can have approval for any field you want. It shouldn't display on profile until the checkbox field has been checked, which will reset back to unchecked if the field value changes. There is no notification behavior for this, but you could setup an email auto action using the same conditions as the field auto action if you want a notification.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon