Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Activity - no notifications

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #309670 by ThomasKuels
CB Activity - no notifications was created by ThomasKuels
tried everything out and get no notification about news (activitys, comments, likes)

User1 => write activity (User1 - profile, activity tab)
User2 (connection) => comment (User1 - profile, activity tab - User1-activity)
User2 (connection) => like (User1 - profile, activity tab - User1-activity)

User1 => write activity (User2 - profile, activity tab)
User2 (connection) => comment (User2 - profile, activity tab - User1-activity)
User2 (connection) => like (User2 - profile, activity tab - User1-activity)

same is with
  • User3 (no connection)
  • User4 (mod)
  • User5 (superuser)
  • like on comment
  • comment on comment

even if User1 is superuser

How do I get info about actions (activity, comments, likes)?
Is there a setting per user to activate notifications?

In the Community Builder _> Plugins -> Cb acticity there are no entries in "Benachrichtigung" and "Following" ( )
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by ThomasKuels.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago #309681 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity - no notifications
CB Activity doesn't log notifications. Just handles the storage, parse, and display of them. You'll need to use CB Auto Actions to log notifications, which comes with several System Actions configured to log notifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThomasKuels

5 years 9 months ago #309687 by ThomasKuels
Replied by ThomasKuels on topic CB Activity - no notifications
Thanks

seems to be a bit complex ... is there a documentation ?

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago #309703 by krileon
Install and publish CB Auto Actions. Many of the System Actions are published by default. Navigate to CB > Plugin Management then click System Actions under CB Auto Actions to review the actions available. You can use existing System Actions as examples for adding more logging if you need. No, there is no documentation for this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThomasKuels

5 years 9 months ago #309704 by ThomasKuels
Replied by ThomasKuels on topic CB Activity - no notifications
Thanks

I found it out for myself.
CB actions is activated and i reloaded all system-entries and activated them.

nothing happend ... until

i created a "CB activity module" (Mode: Notifications)

now i get notifications, but couldn't test in details

is it correct, that a module is needed?
can the user activate/deactivate notifications (in profile)?

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #309714 by krileon
The module is not needed. Notifications are exclusively logged by System Actions in CB Auto Actions. To view your notifications simply go to your profile at the top right on the menu bar above your profile is the notification icon (it's a globe). You can demo this on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

As for disabling the notifications read the descriptions of the system actions carefully. They will check a field for a value of 1 (yes) or 0 (no) to determine if they should get the notification if the field exists. For example "CB Connections - Request Notification" will check the value of a field named "cb_notif_request_conn". This allows users to toggle on/off notifications if you choose to create such fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, ThomasKuels

Moderators: beatnantkrileon