Skip to Content Skip to Menu

time-problem - cb Activity and cb Auto Actions

5 years 8 months ago #310205 by ThomasKuels
for example:
In Germany time is 11:30
My Joomla time-zone is set to "Berlin", means: 11:30
USER1 has no time-zone-setting in profile, this means "Standard" and should be "Berlin" = 11:30 !!!???
USER2 has time-zone-setting in profile set to "Berlin"; means 11:30
USER3 has time-zone-setting to "New York"

USER1 writes a comment on USER2.gallery.photo. In the backend there is a notification with 10:30 !!!
The notification is not shown on USER2-profile (to old?)

USER3 writes a comment on USER2.gallery.photo. In the backend there is a notification with 10:30 !!!
The notification is not shown on USER2-profile (to old?)

NOW I SET time-zone in user-profile to STANDARD for all users
the notification is always 10.30 => one hour less then joomla-time-zone "Berlin"

USER2 gets notifications, when all have no time-zone-setting !!!

NEXT problem:
All the times in CB modules are 10.30 and not 11.30. so noone knows, when a comment was written, or something was posted

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago #310216 by krileon
All datetime storage is done in UTC. It will offset to the timezone set in their profile if they set one otherwise it will offset based off the Joomla timezone, but it only does this on display. I'm not sure what you mean by setting user timezone to Standard; for it to use the Joomla timezone set it to "- Use Default -", which should already be the case for most users. You can check the UTC stored values in the _comprofiler_plugin_activity_notifications database table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon