Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to change title of CB Activity module

• timstohr
  • timstohr
5 years 8 months ago #310237 by timstohr
H Kyle,
I have a site with a lot of different CB Activity modules. One is for jobs, one is for marketplace etc...

I would like now to change the sentence inside where you input the activity in one module to "Any questions?", while the one which is for jobs "Please post your job in here" and the one for the marketplace to "Have you got anything to sell?"

Is that possible? I now have a one-size-does-not-fit-all solution where I changed the CB language string to "Please post here". It now shows "Please post here" in every modul. It would help users if they knew what they can post in each module.

Thanks

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago #310251 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to change title of CB Activity module
It's not really possible for me to make all those language strings associated with a steam unique to the stream. There's no unique key I could go off of except stream id, which no one would really know since it's an md5 hash of the stream. It'd be far too much bloat and work to add parameters for language strings so that's not a solution either.

Best I can suggest is maybe make a custom template for CB Activity then check against $stream->asset() and change the language string based off that. You'd need to do this for both of the below template files.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/default/activity_new.php
/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/default/activity_edit.php

Easiest way to do this is create a new folder in the below location.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates

Something like "mytemplate" then copy the above 2 files to it. You can then select your template within CB Activity > Parameters > Global. Eventually you'll be able to use a different template per stream, but that's not available yet as I've to rewrite all the template files to no longer be class and function based.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon