Skip to Content Skip to Menu

profile-view - (ideas, wishes)

5 years 8 months ago #310337 by ThomasKuels
profile-view - (ideas, wishes) was created by ThomasKuels
I have set articles to joomla!articles for the profile-article-tab.

1) If I view a profile and the user has not written an article yet, I see an empty table AND the message "no articles".
Would be nice, if I could toggle off the table, when empty. It just uses space and has no information.

2) Would be nice, if i could format the article-table.
toggle on/off rows like category or date

BUG?

In tab-configuration I moved all items (profile, articles, gallerys, connections, last visited, ...) from "Canvas Hauptteil Mitte" (standard location) to "Hauptteil". The only remaining TAB in "Canvas Hauptteil Mitte" is "quick message".

If I now click on a user-link in an article or on any other place users aren linked, I get to their profile and the message is open for writing.

I know this is a bit special, because most of the users won't configure all profile tabs to an other place like "Canvas Hauptteil Mitte". But if it is possible, it should work.

I guess, the profile link allwasy goes to user-profile and shows the first TAB in "Canvas Hauptteil Mitte".
Wouldn't it be better to locate the "profil-information" and connect to this place?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago #310347 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic profile-view - (ideas, wishes)

1) If I view a profile and the user has not written an article yet, I see an empty table AND the message "no articles".
Would be nice, if I could toggle off the table, when empty. It just uses space and has no information.

You can set empty tabs to hide in CB > Configuration > User Profile.

2) Would be nice, if i could format the article-table.
toggle on/off rows like category or date

It's template driven so you can create a new template for the tab to display however you want. We do not like adding dozens of parameters for adjusting the display as it gets too bloated. You can find the default template below.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbarticles/templates/default

Simply make a copy of the default folder, rename it to something like "mytemplate", then in CB Articles > Parameters select it as your template and begin editing the files in your template.

In tab-configuration I moved all items (profile, articles, gallerys, connections, last visited, ...) from "Canvas Hauptteil Mitte" (standard location) to "Hauptteil". The only remaining TAB in "Canvas Hauptteil Mitte" is "quick message".

I don't know what "Canvas Hauptteil Mitte" or "Hauptteil" is, sorry. Please provide the original English terms.

I guess, the profile link allwasy goes to user-profile and shows the first TAB in "Canvas Hauptteil Mitte".

If no tab is included in the URL via &tab=TAB_ID then yes profile will always open the first tab available. There is no functionality to change this behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon