Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Activity level permission

5 years 8 months ago #310366 by apurvkolte
Activity level permission was created by apurvkolte
Is it possible to show an activity A1 to user group A and another activity A2 to user group B ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago #310387 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity level permission
Activity does not have ACL. You'd need to have 2 different streams with 2 different Assets specific then adjust the access to that stream using the ACL of the module if output as a module, he menu item if output as a menu item, or the field if output as a field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago #310414 by apurvkolte
Replied by apurvkolte on topic Activity level permission
Sorry, how do I create two streams ?

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #310421 by krileon
You've 4 options for doing that. You can create a Joomla menu item with Community Builder > Plugin menu type then select CB Activity as Plugin and set Action to Activity; now under the Activity tab add your custom Asset. You can basically do the same as a Joomla module using the CB Activity module. Finally you can also use the Activity fieldtype to have the custom stream be a field displayed on profile. Finally you've CB Activity Bot that lets you substitute a stream anywhere that Joomla content prepare is ran (e.g. in a Joomla article), but that's a bit more complicated to use compared to the other 3 options.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by krileon.

5 years 8 months ago #310464 by apurvkolte
Replied by apurvkolte on topic Activity level permission
How to use the 'Asset' to show activities arising from a particular user group ?

e.g. I want to list only activities from a particular user group.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago #310482 by krileon
Activity does not have ACL. It can not display posts only from those in a specific usergroup. The only way to do that is to have a stream that only allows that usergroup to post on it using the create access parameter or limiting access to the entire stream it self. Example as follows.

Asset: custom_stream
Create Access: Author

This should output a unique stream that only displays activity with an asset of custom_stream and only allows authors to post on it. You can use whatever alphanumeric string you like for asset.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon