Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problem with meta title and description of profile pages

• grakula
  • grakula
5 years 7 months ago #310878 by grakula
The meta title displays the name of the item "Profile" for all profiles, and a description of the main page of the site. How to make the title displays the name of the profile owner, and where you can add a meta description.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 7 months ago #310883 by krileon
Joomla menu meta title and description are supported. We pass them through substitutions as well so they can be more personalized. Both are configured within your Joomla menu item to CBs profile page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• grakula
  • grakula
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #310884 by grakula
The point is that in all user profiles in the title settings of the menu item of the profile are displayed. That is, the title Profile, and the meta description is not set, so the main description of the entire site. But it is necessary that the title be the user name, and in the description - his description, but not all the same. How to fix it?

For example, I'm Anna Kern, and in my profile I have a title "Profile" and the description of the site on which I have a profile. So do not have to be?

I can not make a separate menu for each user and prescribe meta descriptions, they all open in the menu item Profile, and inherit its title and description, all the same.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by grakula.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 7 months ago #310887 by krileon
You do not need to make a separate menu for each profile. We pass the page title and meta description from your Joomla menu item through substitutions. So you can use [name] if you want. See the below tutorial regarding substitution usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• grakula
  • grakula
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #310892 by grakula
I read the information on the link, but did not understand what I should do specifically in my case. How to me to correct that at me user pages are incorrectly selected. Neither has a Profile in the title and in the description the same thing. I am not a programmer and do not understand how to correct this and make a normal display.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by grakula.

• grakula
  • grakula
5 years 7 months ago #310902 by grakula
Is this a software bug or did I do something wrong? If the second, then tell me exactly what to do to fix it. I sent the link to the example page in a personal message.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon