Skip to Content Skip to Menu

set up relationship between Joomla and CB Profiles

• bibbp
  • bibbp
5 years 7 months ago #311044 by bibbp
I want to use communitybuilder as a database of residents of a care home. They will not need access go the system, but I will have, for example, three user types Care Worker, Care Manager, Maintenance Work, all of whom will have access to the system and will see different cuts of the database. Would you kindly explain how I should set up the relationship between the Joomla and CB profiles? thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 7 months ago #311047 by krileon
Add your 3 usergroups to the Registered usergroup then create 3 view access levels for your new usergroups. You should then be able to limit various content based off those usergroups and view access levels. Can be as simple as adjusting the Access parameter for a tab to limit what content they can see, etc.. or you can go as far as using CB Conditional and/or CB Privacy to limit access further. I can't really tell you what you need as you'll need to be more specific as to who can access what.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon