Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Private Message Icon in login module leads to 404 error

• Pomond
  • Pomond
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #311070 by Pomond
Hi!
I've moved to the new, internal Private Messaging system from UddeIM, and followed the steps I could find to do so. (Publish the new plugin, do the Migrate button thing, unpublish all UddeIM-related stuff.)

Everything's working great, except for the notification icon in the login module. When clicked on, it current leads to a 404 error. (The targeted URL is mydomain.com/user/pluginclass/pms.mypmspro .)

Did I miss something? Is this working OK for others? Please let me know. Thanks!
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 7 months ago #311103 by krileon
What SEO settings are you using in Joomla global configuration? Probably doesn't like the period in the plugins element name. Create a Joomla menu item with menu type of Community Builder > Plugin then select Private Message System for the Plugin. This should give it a proper SEF URL. This issue is noted below, but wasn't able to reproduce the issue as of yet.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7350

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Pomond
  • Pomond
5 years 7 months ago #311117 by Pomond
Awesome! Thanks as always for the excellent and timely support.

I was able to solve this by tracking down the Joomla menu item I had pointing toward the member messaging feature: It was still set to point to UddeIM. Once I set it to Community Builder > Plugin, and Private Messaging type, the link in the login module now works correctly.

You know, I was looking for a step-by-step change guide for the switch from UddeIM to the internal system, and I didn't notice one. Perhaps in the future, you folks could include this in the blog post or documentation announcing the new feature, so we can make sure we covered all the bases in terms of reconfiguration.

Thanks again! You can mark this topic as solved.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon