• petekuhn
  • petekuhn
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #311075 by petekuhn
Joomla 3.9.3 Stable
PHP 7.3.2
MySQL 5.6.40-84.0-log
CB 2.4.1 (latest)
CBSubs 4.3.0+ (latest)

Not sure when this started, but I can no longer renew someone's subscription in the back-end. When I call up the user in CB, go to Membership, and click on Renew Now and Save, it takes me to the Contact Info tab with the error message for Verify Password "Please enter the same value again".

TIA.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• petekuhn
  • petekuhn
5 years 7 months ago #311086 by petekuhn
Replied by petekuhn on topic Can't renew subscription in back-end
I looked into this some more, and it appears that when you make any changes, including a subscription renewal, it tries to set the username and password, which requires password verification.

For example, I went to a user in the backend and changed the first name. The username and password fields were filled in, and I got the same error message when I tried to save it. If I cleared username and password, it worked, retaining the username and password from before.

Hope this helps.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #311108 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't renew subscription in back-end

I looked into this some more, and it appears that when you make any changes, including a subscription renewal, it tries to set the username and password, which requires password verification.

CB is not doing this. Your browser is or browser extension is. Browsers should be respecting the autocomplete="off" which we set on both the input and the form it self. If using a browser extension like LastPass then it does not respect autocomplete="off" by default and has to be enabled in its settings or alternatively turn off autofill.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by krileon.

• petekuhn
  • petekuhn
5 years 7 months ago #311128 by petekuhn
Replied by petekuhn on topic Can't renew subscription in back-end
Thanks. It appears that this has been a problem with Chrome (ignoring autocomplete"off") for some time. I've ready suggestions for clumsy workarounds, like setting autocomplete="xyzxyz", which will work because it's unrecognized. Clumsy.

I have an easy workaround, which is simply to clear out the password and then save. The subscription renewal will then take effect. I don-t have to do this very often, so this is fine.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon