Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Update a field from profile activity or vis versa

• louis90
  • louis90
5 years 6 months ago #311531 by louis90
Hi

could you take a look at my issue. I want to update a cb field text (cb_desc) from a cb activity (cb_ac) on profile or vis-versa.
I've used this trigger

Autoaction : Type Field

Trigger:
OnUpdateUserProfileSave

Condition
cb_ac not empty

Action
cb_ac - set value - [var3]

can you tell me what is wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311541 by krileon
Use the trigger onAfterUserUpdate. If you're not using latest CB Auto Actions release were you can select the field from the dropdown then you need to be sure your field is a valid substitution by surrounding it in the substitution brackets (e.g. from cb_ac to [cb_ac]). I'm not sure what you're trying to do after that though. You want to set cb_desc to the value of cb_ac?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• louis90
  • louis90
5 years 6 months ago #311544 by louis90
Yes that is what i want to do. setting cb_desc to the value of cb_ac

• louis90
  • louis90
5 years 6 months ago #311545 by louis90
And is it possible to suggest hashtag while writing a post on activity?

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311549 by krileon

Yes that is what i want to do. setting cb_desc to the value of cb_ac

Then you'd need to use a Field action with the following.

Field: cb_desc
Operator: Set
Value: [cb_ac]

And is it possible to suggest hashtag while writing a post on activity?

I don't see what this has to do with this current topic, but no.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, louis90

Moderators: beatnantkrileon