Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to implement "Compare Profiles" / JomSocial

• MMDoege
  • MMDoege
5 years 6 months ago #311570 by MMDoege
I've found a "Compare Profiles" feature in a business directory built with JomSocial (see sreenshots).

Such a feature would make more than sense for many of our CB fields.
I don't know if CB List would really do the job here as it does not accept front end input into SQL statements per se (only CB fields in search form).
So, how to implement such a thing?

Wouild it be the right idea to setup a CB Custom Field with a button, put it into a CB Content Module, assign it to Profile Menu Item and let an Auto Action save and reset a table with user_id pairs of the viewer id and the viewed at user_id. A CB List SQL statement then would read the data from the table???

Wonder if someone in this forum has already done some work on that and wouldn't mind to share it.

Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311578 by krileon
That's a custom built solution someone made for JomSocial. It's not a feature of JomSocial. Same applies to CB. You'd need to develop such a feature your self. What's the end result supposed to be when comparing? A side by side view of everything you selected to compare?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon