Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to bill a customer by amount of users?

• timstohr
  • timstohr
5 years 6 months ago #311645 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
Do you guys have a solution on how to bill customers by the amount of users that they have in a site?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311655 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to bill a customer by amount of users?
No. Are you trying to bill them through CBSubs or something of the sort?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
5 years 6 months ago #311656 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic How to bill a customer by amount of users?
Yeah was hoping to be able to do that but it clearly will not work for the stuff that I had in mind.

Different question then... Can I set a maximum amount of people in community builder, ie a maximum of user accounts that can be registered?

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311658 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to bill a customer by amount of users?
Both of your questions are basically "No, but...". They're both doable with a lot of work.

The first one you'd need a CB Query Field for every customer and you'd need their database information so you can do a count query against _users and in your query multiply the count by the per user fee. Next you'd substitute it into a CBSubs Promotion that applies only to that user as a negative value (e.g. -[cb_usercost]). This would increase the cost of whatever plan you like based off their user count.

The second you'd need a CB Query Field to count the number of users on the site and setup a Redirect action in CB Auto Actions to redirect away from registration if the limit is reached by conditioning against the query field. You'd need to do this on onBeforeRegisterFormRequest and onBeforeSaveUserRegistrationRequest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon