Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Auto Action to clear the cache when a user's ACL permission changes.

• fede312
  • fede312
5 years 6 months ago #311679 by fede312
Every time a user signs up or the subscription gets renewed, the user is assigned a new ACL permission. The issue is that the user doesn't have access to the new information until the cache of the site is cleared.

Is it possible to setup an action that will clear the site's cache whenever there is a user ACL permission change?

Thank you in advanced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311701 by krileon
No, and that shouldn't be necessary. What information do they not have access to? Joomla articles? Menu items? Profile fields?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fede312
  • fede312
5 years 6 months ago #311703 by fede312
Joomla Articles.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311708 by krileon
Are you using Joomlas page caching? If so I don't really recommend using it as it's extremely aggressive. If you still want to use it be sure to set "Use Browser Caching" to "No" and possibly exclude the menu items for the articles they'll be accessing using "Exclude Menu Items" or excluding the URLs themselves with "Exclude URLs". All of this can be done in Extensions > Plugins > System - Page Cache. In regards to wanting to clear the cache no there's nothing we can do about that as the caching is done by a unique id per user per URL; so we've no idea what specifically to clear.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fede312
  • fede312
5 years 6 months ago #311712 by fede312
So what should I use to cache the pages?
If I exclude menu items and not use the cache, pages take 11s to load up, with cache only 3s.

I have to be able to use cache, but I have to make sure that when the subscription is renewed or when a new user sign-up he will have access to the articles immediately.

I have tried with the "joomla cache", and I have the problem, I used "Speed cache" and I have the same problem, probably because it requieres to have joomla cache active. I need to find a way around this problem. :)

What would you recommend for caching and what settings would you use?

Thank Again.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311713 by krileon
You should be able to use Joomla caching without page caching. I've no idea why a Joomla article would take 11s to load. Sounds like you need header compression. Maybe try something like JCH Optimizer, which is what we use here at Joomlapolis.

We've no means of clearing that cache specifically so there's nothing we can really do about this. Ideally Joomla page caching should be taking into account access changes, but I guess it doesn't. The API to purge a URLs cache is as follows and you could try it in a Code action, but I've no idea if it's going to work for your needs.

Code:
JFactory::getCache( 'page' )->remove( 'FULL_URL_HERE' );

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: fede312

Moderators: beatnantkrileon