Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Paid Subscriptions - partial content display

• carin
  • carin
5 years 6 months ago #311680 by carin
Is it possible to define any areas in a page that is than handled by CB Paid Subscriptions?

CB 2.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311702 by krileon
If the location you want partial content display supports Joomla content prepare then yes you can use the below usage for inline CBSubs controlled content display.

www.joomlapolis.com/news/18550-cbsubs-gpl-4-1-with-timed-content-taxes-inclusive-price-display-and-plan-substitutions-usable-anywhere

See the CBSubs system plugin description in Extensions > Plugins for further usage information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #311772 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic CB Paid Subscriptions - partial content display

krileon wrote: ...
See the CBSubs system plugin description in Extensions > Plugins for further usage information.

that is the cbpaidsubsbot plugin, correct?

and can I use <> logic instead of = logic, for the plan number filtering??

PS: what do we do about content viewing for the 'public users' who have no plan? ( we don't necessarily want to display their content when a user is logged in with either of our 2 plans...)

is there a plan=0 filtering possibility?? would REALLY like to be able hide stuff for 'registered' users who do not have a plan!!

PPS:

can you please clarify the meaning for status="A|R|X|C|U|I" ??
A= active , I am guessing.. can't find these in the docs ...

PPPS:

I managed to make a workaround using the free RegularLabs 'Conditional Content' plugin, but it would be great if I didn't have to lumber our site with yet another content plugin!

If there was some way to filter for "don't currently have a plan!" users ( or just the not-logged-in PUBLIC) with the cbpaidsubsbot, it would be SPLENDID....
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by mikerotec.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311785 by krileon

that is the cbpaidsubsbot plugin, correct?

Yes.

and can I use <> logic instead of = logic, for the plan number filtering??

For "plan", no. For "status" and "since" yes.

PS: what do we do about content viewing for the 'public users' who have no plan? ( we don't necessarily want to display their content when a user is logged in with either of our 2 plans...)

If you check against say Plan 2 with a status of A (active) and they're not logged in then they of course don't have an active subscription so the content will not display.

is there a plan=0 filtering possibility?? would REALLY like to be able hide stuff for 'registered' users who do not have a plan!!

You would need to check against each plan id. There is no general "do they have at least 1 active plan" conditioning. It supports OR/AND usage so you can appropriately check against multiple plans at once. Example as follows.

Code:
[cbsubs:if plan="1" status="A" or plan="2" status="A" or plan="3" status="A"]I have Plans 1, 2, or 3 in an Active state[/cbsubs:if]

can you please clarify the meaning for status="A|R|X|C|U|I" ??
A= active , I am guessing.. can't find these in the docs ...

A = Active
R = Registered Unpaid
X = Expired
C = Unsubscribed
U = Upgraded to other
I = Invalid

If there was some way to filter for "don't currently have a plan!" users ( or just the not-logged-in PUBLIC) with the cbpaidsubsbot, it would be SPLENDID....

Easiest way to do that is a CB Query Field. Simply query the _cbsub_subscriptions table and count the number of active plans then condition against the query field using normal IF substitutions as shown in the substitutions tutorial below. To use these substitutions outside of profile ensure CB Content Bot is installed.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

Moderators: beatnantkrileon