Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Bug when creating new Jive Group

• Snapcount
  • Snapcount
5 years 6 months ago #311688 by Snapcount
Bug when creating new Jive Group was created by Snapcount
Hello,
I have a serious problem here. I launched our new website yesterday with the currend build of CB and Groups and the following Problem occours:
When an user creates a new group on the frontend, no new group is created. Instead the component renames an already existing group, overwrites canvas an logo and sets the creator as owner.

I looked into the database an even the timestamp for creating the original group is overwritten, while the params keep their original values like the component did a UPDATE instead of an INSERT. This seems to happen again until the group is deleted. As far as I can see, it only happens when creating a group on the frontend, but not when using the backend admin interface. I had to disable the function for all user until there is a solution. I had this now a couple of times.

I am running GroupJive Version: 3.4.0+build.2019.03.25.15.59.50.ede97e446 and Community Builder Version: 2.4.1+build.2019.03.20.18.53.12.fea4e999d
Can you verify that there is a bug und could you help me please to find a solution or workaround?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311704 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Bug when creating new Jive Group
I'm seeing no such issues in my tests. It's not possible for a user to edit a group they don't own unless you have everyone being CB Moderators in error. Ensure Moderator View Access Level is set correctly in CB > Configuration > Moderation. Next the only way this could happen is if your Joomla menu items are setup incorrectly resulting in SEF adding &id=GROUP_ID to the group save endpoint. You should have a Joomla menu item that's for viewing All Groups or All Categories. If your only menu item is to a specific group then SEF will have odd behavior when the &id=GROUP_ID gets populated to the GET variables.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Snapcount
  • Snapcount
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #311731 by Snapcount
Replied by Snapcount on topic Bug when creating new Jive Group
You are right, it seems only to effect users with CB Moderator rights.
But adding a menu item for alle groups was no solution. It still renames an existing group.
Instead I added an menu item for creating a new group and hide via CSS all create group buttons in the profiles and categories as a workaround. Thats seems to work for the moment.

I am not using SEF. I now tried it with de joomla default settings and run into another problem. Everything works fine exept one. When I try to upload a picture or create an album in CB Gallery the dialog page opens and within a second I get redirected to the overwiew page. It happens in profile and group galleries. Same for CB profile book. It first opens the url with all attributes added and then I get redirected back to the url without the attributes.

I am using just the jooma default htaccess and no other plugins. Do I have to make some special configuartions or do I have to disable all SEF and mod_rewrite to use the CB plugins?
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Snapcount.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311740 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Bug when creating new Jive Group
Joomla SEF with mod_rewrite works perfectly fine with all our products and is what we're using on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

I've no idea what's causing your issue unless your menu setup is simply just incorrect. For GJ you just need a Community Builder > Plugin menu item to GJs All Groups or All Categories page to act as the top level URL, but this isn't required. For CB Gallery there is no menu needs beyond your standard profile menu item, which is required for core CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon