Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Insert custom css

5 years 5 months ago #312027 by projekahwin01
Insert custom css was created by projekahwin01
Hi,

This may be a dumb question. However i need to know how can I insert the custom css in CB? I made a new custom css for a html, I can make the html work on CB. But, the looks is not the way I want. So, i need to insert my css files somewhere. Where should I put it?

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 5 months ago #312041 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Insert custom css
You can add custom CSS directly to CBs default template using its overrides feature. See the below for further details.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

For even more customization you can use CB Template Changer and its Template Builder to generate a new template for CB. See the below for details.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18797-template-builder

To load a custom CSS file you'd need to use CB Auto Actions with its Code action and Method set to "CSS (URL)". As for what triggers to use it'd depend on where you wanted it to load. For example if on profile you'd use onAfterUserProfileDisplay. Will be happy to provide additional triggers if you intend to use this method and can provide where you'd like your CSS to load.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon