Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Multi-language and Community Builder

• timstohr
  • timstohr
5 years 5 months ago #312062 by timstohr
Multi-language and Community Builder was created by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
Having a weird problem. The moderators are set to be "Main admin site" and they can also edit users but ONLY if the users are also in the PUBLIC user group. If they are not in the public user group, I cannot edit them.

Please see the picture below. As you can see, a user has only "Main Admin Site" (the moderator) and I can only edit the two users who are in the public group. I cannot edit the others.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 5 months ago #312069 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multi-language and Community Builder
They can't edit usergroups above them. Typically your usergroups should be setup something like the below.

Public
- Manager
- - Administrator
- Registered
- - Custom Group 1
- - - Custom Group 1a
- - - - Custom Group 1b
- - Custom Group 2
- - Custom Group 3
- - Author
- - - Editor
- - - - Publisher
- Super Users

Typically your moderators should have the Manager usergroup. So your CB Moderator View Access Level should include Manager and Super Users. Things get tricky if you don't want them to inherit Joomla Manager permissions. As for example Custom Group 1b does not have permission over Custom Group 2. In this case you'd typically want to go with something like the below.

Public
- Manager
- - Administrator
- Registered
- - Custom Group 1
- - - Custom Group 2
- - - - Custom Group 3
- - - - - CB Moderator
- - Author
- - - Editor
- - - - Publisher
- Super Users

If you added your new usergroups as children of Public then it has no idea what to do with them as there's no inherited permissions and it's a new root usergroup so it's not above anyone except Public.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon