Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Update function not working anymore ??

• rbuelund
  • rbuelund
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #312098 by rbuelund
I have several sites where i until lately was able to use the live update function for the CB plugins. Now it does not work anymore ? I just see that an update is needed but when I enter "Install from web" in CB - the is no update option. I am logged in to Joomlapolis on another pane in the browser.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 5 months ago #312101 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update function not working anymore ??
Use the refresh button on the bottom right of the Install from Web tab. It's cached to prevent peoples installs from slamming our servers with HTTP requests. The cache only lasts for 24 hours though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• rbuelund
  • rbuelund
5 years 5 months ago #312102 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic Update function not working anymore ??
All ready tried that - does not change a thing..

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 5 months ago #312114 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update function not working anymore ??
Is it displaying a Buy button? If it is then the JSONP request is failing to find your Joomlapolis cookie. Browser security could be blocking it and there's nothing we can do about it. If it's just not finding an update for whatever you've installed then you'll need to provide what it's failing to find and what version you currently have installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• rbuelund
  • rbuelund
5 years 5 months ago #312155 by rbuelund
It shows "Buy" and "Sign up" buttons and in the lower right an "Update" button - but when I press that button I get:

(Translated from danish)

Error
Upload new program extension - error
No chosen URL
Could not save install CB Plugin because: Installation error

I use the latest firefox - why should it suddenly block ? How can I troubleshoot this further ?

• rbuelund
  • rbuelund
5 years 5 months ago #312156 by rbuelund
Ahh sorry - found the problem. Ghostery plugin in firefox, which is an add blocker. Whitelisted your domain and now it works!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon