Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Custom Messaging

5 years 4 months ago #312879 by onedotlove
Custom Messaging was created by onedotlove
I would like to create an message area within my site similar to the image. I need to know if and how to layout my the messaging.

If it is possible, Please direct me in the right way.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 4 months ago #312882 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Custom Messaging
That's more like a chat than private messaging. We do not provide chat. We only provide private messaging which is closer to email than it is a chat. Conversations API once implemented in CB Activity will basically be exactly like that. I do not have a timeframe for this API. Aside from that you can try making a custom template for the Private Message System to try and display more like that. You can find the default template files for PMS below.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_pms_mypmspro/templates/default

Make a copy of the "default" folder and rename it to something like "mytemplate" then within Private Message System select it as your template. Next you can edit the files in your template folder freely to customize the display. I doubt it'll display how you're wanting it though as it'd require changes to the queries to group all the messages up on a per-sender/recipient basis.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #312888 by onedotlove
Replied by onedotlove on topic Custom Messaging
No, this is not a chat but messaging through the social network. Such as one user is sending another user a message.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 4 months ago #312902 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Custom Messaging
It's LinkedIn messaging, which is like Facebook conversations, which is like a chat. The conversations are live feeds when messaging back and forth. That's not how CBs private messaging works, which is closer to email than anything. Regardless the template file path has been provided above and you're free to create a template for it that'll as close as possible fit your needs. The Conversations API in CB Activity will function exactly like LinkedIn/Facebook when implemented.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon