Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problem with CB register API

5 years 3 months ago #313005 by soportemarketing
Problem with CB register API was created by soportemarketing
Hello:

I'm following this www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18362-registering-a-user-through-cb-api to register an user from a php file in the joomla server, but that is not an article or part of joomla.

I've included API like www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18357-including-cb-api-for-usage-outside-of-cb

The problem is that $user->store() never give a response.

Has anything changed in the CB newest versions? I've Joomla 3.9.4 with CB2.4.1+build.2019.03.20.18.53.12.fea4e999d

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #313006 by soportemarketing
Replied by soportemarketing on topic Problem with CB register API
I'm calling the file by AJAX. I've found this, but don't understand the way the user has followed to solve it. Could you explain it to me, please?

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/194976-solved-creating-user-through-api-ajax

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 3 months ago #313021 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with CB register API
You can't run that code outside of Joomla. CB is a Joomla extension so it requires the Joomla API to function. That code is meant to be used within Joomla (e.g. 3rd party plugins).

For what you're trying to do use CB Auto Actions and its Registration action type while leaving Triggers set to None. You can then use the URL of the auto action under the Global tab to execute it directly, which you'd use in your ajax call.

To map input data to fields in this action just use [post_VARIABLE] (e.g. [post_username]) for POST or [get_variable] (e.g. [get_username]) for GET requests. It's recommended to toggle Format Functions on under the Parameters tab and sanitize your input data as much as possible. Example as follows.

Username: [cb:parse function="clean" method="string"][post_username][/cb:parse]
Email: [cb:parse function="clean" method="string"][post_email][/cb:parse]

This ensues an HTML free string only username and email address are passed to user storage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #313024 by soportemarketing
Replied by soportemarketing on topic Problem with CB register API
Then I'll try that way. Thanks for your help!!!

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 3 months ago #313026 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with CB register API
Forgot to mention if you're going to use the URL for an ajax call be sure to tell Joomla not to load any surrounding HTML by adding &format=raw to the URL. You can actually then use the Output parameters to output a JSON response for your ajax call if you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon