Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB gallery / Paid subs

• BlountyNG
  • BlountyNG
5 years 3 months ago #313078 by BlountyNG
CB gallery / Paid subs was created by BlountyNG
How would I implement the feature of beign able to see albums and video thumbnails via gallery modules but only being able to open them to view the content if they are a subscriber?

Also does buying a developer tier add-on not give any access to developer forum at all?
After spending $200 dollars I presumed I would get a few months access to that forum to use while setting up the product I had just purchased.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 3 months ago #313079 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB gallery / Paid subs

How would I implement the feature of beign able to see albums and video thumbnails via gallery modules but only being able to open them to view the content if they are a subscriber?

There's not going to be a way to do that without custom coding unless you just protected the modal window endpoint URL via By URL Part protection, but that'd just cause the modal window swirly to appear then disappear as the access to the endpoint failed. The best approach would probably be custom coding in the template files so it doesn't attempt to make them clickable to begin with. I don't honestly see this as very enforceable and recommend an all or nothing approach (they have access to the gallery or they don't).

Also does buying a developer tier add-on not give any access to developer forum at all?

No, you need a Developer subscription to post in the Developer forums. Purchasing a single add-on gives you support for that single add-on.

After spending $200 dollars I presumed I would get a few months access to that forum to use while setting up the product I had just purchased.

You purchased CBSubs individually. You did not purchase a developer subscription. You've access to the CBSubs support forums below for CBSubs related supported.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cb-paid-subscriptions-support

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlountyNG

• BlountyNG
  • BlountyNG
5 years 3 months ago #313080 by BlountyNG
Replied by BlountyNG on topic CB gallery / Paid subs

krileon wrote:

There's not going to be a way to do that without custom coding unless you just protected the modal window endpoint URL via By URL Part protection, but that'd just cause the modal window swirly to appear then disappear as the access to the endpoint failed. The best approach would probably be custom coding in the template files so it doesn't attempt to make them clickable to begin with. I don't honestly see this as very enforceable and recommend an all or nothing approach (they have access to the gallery or they don't).

I think Url protection will work for now thanks.

No, you need a Developer subscription to post in the Developer forums. Purchasing a single add-on gives you support for that single add-on.

You purchased CBSubs individually. You did not purchase a developer subscription. You've access to the CBSubs support forums below for CBSubs related supported.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cb-paid-subscriptions-support

Ah, thank you I didn't realise there was a seperate forum for CBSubs.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 3 months ago #313082 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB gallery / Paid subs

I think Url protection will work for now thanks.

Then you should be able to use the below in By URL Part protection provided by CBSubs Content.

option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgallery&action=item&func=show
option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgallery&action=item&func=display

The above will block the modal and the fullsize endpoints.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon