Skip to Content Skip to Menu

multiple registration forms

• skaram
  • skaram
5 years 3 weeks ago #314468 by skaram
multiple registration forms was created by skaram
Hi there!
We have a website where we want the user to be capable of registering (user reg) and also registering his company (co reg). We have created a Registration tab with two different tabs (user & co). Everything is OK so far. The first thing we want to do is to present only the user reg form at the beginning with the co reg tab hidden and then if the user registers by completing all the required fields in the user reg tab, only then he/she should be able to "see" the corresponding link for the co reg and use it to register the company. We also need this link to include only the co reg tab and also have required fields. The problem is that we cannot split the tabs into different registration forms because they seem linked to the same user in the database. If we use a 3rd party addon, we can somehow split the registration pages, but all the data are still linked in the backend and other problems appear (e.g. if the user only fills the co reg tab, an error message appears and asks also for the required fields of the user reg tab, also when viewing the company list (co reg tab) the details of the corresponding linked user (from the user reg tab) also appear and cannot be deactivated even with CB conditionals add-on).
Is there any solution to the above problem. I think it is a quite common thing to have a similar need for multiple registration forms in one website and its a pity there isn't an add-on at the moment that can do this. Sorry for the big message and we hope you understood the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 3 weeks ago #314476 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic multiple registration forms
CB does not provide multiple registration forms. You can however hide the "co reg" tab until the "user reg" tab has been completed using CB Conditional. You'd just need to configure conditions on the entire tab it self to check if the "user reg" fields have been filled in. Another option is to have a checkbox field that asks if they have a company that if checked would show the "co reg" tab otherwise it'd be hidden.

Regarding backend usage you can either configure CB Conditional to also apply to backend in its plugin parameters or you can turn off backend field validation within CB > Configuration > User Profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skaram

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon