Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Printing User Lists

• poplife
  • poplife
5 years 3 weeks ago #314510 by poplife
Printing User Lists was created by poplife
Hello,
We are in need of the ability to print CB user lists, In the "old days" there was "CB Juice" to handle this, now I cannot find any solution in the forums or on the web in general. I really need to provide this functionality as it may be a deal breaker for them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 3 weeks ago #314519 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Printing User Lists
Use print CSS to change how the page displays in print preview and how it prints. This is done using the print media. Example as follows.

Code:
@media print { /* CSS only used on print view here */ }

You can add your custom CSS to the built in CSS override functionality shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

This will allow you to make the userlist print friendly. The below for example makes the userlist print friendly on Joomlas default protostar template.

Code:
@media print { a[href]:after { content: "" !important; } body { background: none !important; border: 0 !important; } .body > .container { margin: 0 !important; padding: 0 !important; } .body > .container { border: 0 !important; background: none !important; box-shadow: none !important; } .body > .container > .header, .body > .container > .navigation, .body > .container > .row-fluid > *:not(#content), .body > .container > .row-fluid > #content > div[role="navigation"], .footer, .cbUserListTitle, .cbUserListHead, .cbUserListSearch, .cbUserListPagination { display: none !important; } .body > .container, .body > .container > .row-fluid, .body > .container > .row-fluid > #content { width: 100% !important; max-width: none !important; } #cbUserTable { margin: 0 !important; } }

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• poplife
  • poplife
5 years 3 weeks ago #314546 by poplife
Replied by poplife on topic Printing User Lists
I think I need a little more. I cut and pasted the code you provided into the CB default template overrides and even tried adding it to my custom template scss.custom file (I am using Gantry 5 templates) but still no success. I notice you mentioned it working with a protostar template, but I do not see where in the code a template is specified. like I said, I am going to require a bit more.
thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 3 weeks ago #314547 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Printing User Lists
Copy and pasted directly into CBs override usage is all that's necessary, but again it's designed for Joomlas default protostar template. There is no CSS to provide that will fit every Joomla template; you will have to code that your self. Beyond that you can link to a userlist with &tmpl=component so it just shows the userlist on the page and not the surrounding template HTML. Example of what this looks like on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/community-builder/user-lists?tmpl=component

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon