Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Refresh Activity module without manual page refresh

• Deveshi
  • Deveshi
5 years 2 days ago #314890 by Deveshi
Greetings,

I'd like to know if it's possible for the activity module to update in real-time (or after a short delay) without the user needing to refresh the page to see new posts in the activity stream?

I've read this post 'How to make the Activity module reload on certain actions?' @

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/240023-7333-how-to-make-the-activity-module-reload-on-certain-actions#308318

And I've played around with the interval timers but from what i gather this only updates the activity stream with new posts on the server-side, client-side still requires a page refresh for the user to see new posts. Is this correct?

Is it possible to achieve this functionality with the auto-actions plugin?

Alternatively, in my research I've come across this post:

stackoverflow.com/questions/37921078/how-automatically-refresh-only-one-module-in-joomla

with the following script:

(code snippet removed to enable posting)

In the above example, 'parite' is the module the developer wishes to refresh.

I appreciate you don't do custom work but if you could let me know if I'm going in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 2 days ago #314901 by krileon
You don't need any custom scripts or extensions. Simply turn on the auto update feature in your module or globally. For an activity stream in a module you'll find that parameter under the Activity tab. This functionality is built into CB Activity. The auto update interval can only be configured globally though within CB Activity > Parameters > Loader. It will make several attempts to find new entries before giving up to prevent their browser from pinging your site forever (also can be configured via parameters under Loader).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deveshi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon