Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Second Activity Stream In Profile For Connections

• Deveshi
  • Deveshi
5 years 1 day ago - 4 years 11 months ago #314925 by Deveshi
Greetings,

On my website I have a global community page using an activity module and an activity feed in the users profile which shows the activity posts made by the user. I'd like to add a second tab to the user profile containing a third activity stream which displays the filtered activity of all of the user's connections.

I've tried copying the activities tab but I'm getting an error saying that a plugin tab can't be copied. I've also tried creating a new tab but i can't figure out how to set it to be an activity stream.

Is it possible to create a second activity feed in the user profile?

Thanks.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 1 day ago #314942 by krileon
I don't recommend adding more steams just for the sake of filtering it. You can add filtering functionality directly to a stream so users can click the filter themselves to alter how it displays. See my blog post below regarding this functionality.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18850-cb-activity-5-0-0

If you still want to have multiple streams on profile you can do that using the Activity fieldtype.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deveshi

• Deveshi
  • Deveshi
5 years 19 hours ago #314975 by Deveshi
Thanks Krileon, I agree that your filter solution is better. However, with this setup the system appears to add a default filter for 'all' which appears to load irrespective of custom filters and behaves as the default activity stream in the profile.

As I commented earlier I'm attempting to show only the users activity and the activity of their connections in the profile so in my circumstance I'd prefer to default to the first filter and remove the 'all' filter altogether as this is handled by another page on my website. Just from my user's point of view the 'all' filter is an unnecessary step between them and the content they are trying to get to.

Is it possible to remove the 'all' filter and default to the first custom made filter?

• Deveshi
  • Deveshi
5 years 19 hours ago #314976 by Deveshi
My other thought was to simply hide the 'all' filter via CSS but then I still have the problem of defaulting to the 'all' stream when the activity link in the profile is clicked.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 2 hours ago #315004 by krileon

However, with this setup the system appears to add a default filter for 'all' which appears to load irrespective of custom filters and behaves as the default activity stream in the profile.

Correct, the "All" filter is basically no filter. You can't remove that.

As I commented earlier I'm attempting to show only the users activity and the activity of their connections in the profile

That's exactly how the Activity tab already behaviors. What about it isn't displaying correctly for you? It by default shows your activity, the activity of your connections, and the activity you are following when viewing your own activity tab. This is done with the "user.connections,following" Asset usage. If you don't want the following then edit the Activity tab in CB > Tab Management and set the Asset to "user.connections".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deveshi

• Deveshi
  • Deveshi
5 years 1 hour ago #315012 by Deveshi
Ah, for some reason the profle activity feed was not displaying posts from connections, only from the user themselves. Your explanation above has enabled me to resolve the issue though.

Thanks a lot for the help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon