Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Import of select fields

• waynesj
  • waynesj
5 years 10 hours ago #314980 by waynesj
Import of select fields was created by waynesj
I have read the suggestions and tried to import a selection of fields to overwrite existing data on matching ID records.

I have selected overwrite existing records with matching ID's
The username, email and name fields are not required to be updated.

If I include the username in the dataset, error is username already exists.
If I exclude it, error is please enter user name.

How do I get past this? I just want to update 5 fields with data.

Regards
Wayne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 3 hours ago #315006 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Import of select fields
Seams to work perfectly fine in my tests. You should first do an export so you know how the data is expected to be formatted. If updating existing users it's best to just export them, edit the, then import with overwriting enabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• waynesj
  • waynesj
4 years 11 months ago #315045 by waynesj
Replied by waynesj on topic Import of select fields
I am not having any success.
As per one of the previous posts on the forum, as a test, I deleted all columns except the ID field and one other data field.

Attached is the error I get when doing an import using the overwrite option using matching id's

Any help would be appreciated.
I have also attached the csv file
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 11 months ago #315052 by krileon
Updating a single column appears to be working fine in my tests. As long as the ID column exists and the supplied ID matches an existing user then you only need to supply the fields you want to change. Ensure you've the latest CB build installed and that the user with an ID of 64 exists. Next ensure during import you've set the dropdown below the upload box to "Overwrite existing entries with records matching ids". If you don't set the dropdown to that it will just try to create a new user by default (ignoring ID).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• waynesj
  • waynesj
4 years 11 months ago #315066 by waynesj
Replied by waynesj on topic Import of select fields
Ok
CB version is 2.4.2
id 64 exists, it is my record in the DB
the id column exists in the update cvs file with column heading 'id'
Made sure to use "Overwrite existing entries with records matching ids"

Received error as in previous attachment 'Error
1 row failed to import

Cannot import row 1 because: Please enter your name.'

Does it matter how the data is formatted, ie does the id data need to be a number or text, or irrelevant.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 11 months ago #315075 by krileon
Sounds like you're using latest stable build which is several feature and bug fix releases behind. Please install the latest build release where I've confirmed this working fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon