Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Field Form value to storing in Database.

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #315042 by wscottchris
Must be my day for issues..
I have a CB tabbed registration form.

The first tab is a "registration type" custom field. Then other tabs are displayed depending on the registration type selected.
However, when the form is submitted the values on the Registration Type tab are NOT being stored in the database. The value is being sent. There are screenshots attached show the value being sent.
The cb_registration_type field has no integrations or auto actions configured.

NOTE that in the screenshots coach is selected so Sport is not displayed on the form.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 11 months ago #315050 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field Form value to storing in Database.
Are you using CB Conditional on the registration type field? That's basically the only thing that could be emptying it unless the field storage is broken somehow (can sometimes happen if you change a fields type after creating it).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #315053 by wscottchris
Replied by wscottchris on topic Field Form value to storing in Database.
Thanks Krileon,
There were no CB conditionals on that field.
I tried deleting that field and recreating it but still see the same behavior. Deleting I believe would have broken anything that was emptying that field..
There are actually 2 fields.. both on the same tab. In the screenshot, if you select Athlete, a new field displays asking for the sport, which is required. Could there be any settings on the Tab?

Any other ideas?

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 11 months ago #315055 by krileon
Are you using any conditions on its tab it self? Are any other fields having issues storing or just that one?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #315056 by wscottchris
Replied by wscottchris on topic Field Form value to storing in Database.
I figured it out. I have a cb conditional set to hide this tab for registered users. I guess there is an issue with the timing of the insert into the db and the user group of the guest user being changed from guest to registered... Once I removed that cb conditional, the values began populating the database.

EDIT:
I used cb privacy instead and set it to show only to public. That hides it from registered, logged in users but displays on registration form.

Thank you Krileon, this has been solved.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by wscottchris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 11 months ago #315070 by krileon
Yup, that'd do it. During processing of the POST data from the registration from the user becomes Registered and is no longer Public, which would trigger your condition to reset the fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon