Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problem with moderator modifying profiles

• timstohr
  • timstohr
4 years 10 months ago #315475 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I am having a problem. I have a moderator account that has a special user group. The moderator can modify the user profile (ie setting has been set in configuration)
That moderator account sees the EDIT button but when he/she/it clicks on it, it returns a blank page. The moderator can also not AJAX change anything.

BUT, he can modify his own page without any problems.

What could be the problem and how to solve it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 10 months ago #315479 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with moderator modifying profiles
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration and retry. A blank page is typically due to a fatal error of some kind. With debug mode and error reporting set correctly it should output what the error is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
4 years 10 months ago #315480 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Problem with moderator modifying profiles
Hi I may have miscommunicated here.
I see a page but the EDIT page does not show up. I can see my menues, modules etc... but not the EDIT page...

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 10 months ago #315482 by krileon
So where the component normally would be it's just completely empty? Does it show the "Edit Your Details" page header at least, but with no tabs below it?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
4 years 10 months ago #315483 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Problem with moderator modifying profiles
It literally shows nothing at all.

Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 10 months ago #315487 by krileon
Disable SEF and see if issue persists. If it does be sure you're testing with debug mode and maximum error reporting to ensure a fatal error isn't preventing the component from outputting. Aside from that it could just be a permission problem on that menu item or maybe the tabs/fields are not accessible due to CB Conditional or CB Privacy.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon