Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs "Monthly Subscription Setup"

• fede312
  • fede312
4 years 10 months ago #315857 by fede312
CBSubs "Monthly Subscription Setup" was created by fede312
I have the following monthly subscription setup:
Every month in auto-renewal the system adds a new ACL Permission to the user with an AutoAction.
(CB Access 1, CB Access 2, CB Access 3 and so on).

Some subscribers would like to be able to skip ahead by purchasing the next access before the end of the monthly cycle.
Right now the only way that's possible is by canceling and re-subscribing.

What's the best way to go about that?

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 10 months ago #315865 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs "Monthly Subscription Setup"
You can't renew in advance with auto recurring. You'd have to use manual renewals for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fede312
  • fede312
4 years 10 months ago #315871 by fede312
Replied by fede312 on topic CBSubs "Monthly Subscription Setup"
Can it be done using a different Plan with manual renewal to use in conjunction?

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 10 months ago #315879 by krileon
You can't extend the duration of 1 plan from another plan. It is not possible to renew recurring plans in advanced; their renewal is automatic and recurring.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fede312
  • fede312
4 years 10 months ago #315889 by fede312
Replied by fede312 on topic CBSubs "Monthly Subscription Setup"
That's true. But I 'm not talking about the duration of the subscription. I'm talking about the ACL permissions.

The CBSubs Monthly Plan I have it setup to add new ACL permissions every month upon renewal. Which gives the subscriber access to new material. When the account expires CBSubs stops adding new permissions, and the account shows as expired, but the subscriber gets to keep access to all of the permissions he already had at the moment of expiration. And when the subscriber renews sometime in the future CBSubs continues adding ACL Permissions from where he stopped.

Now the case is that the subscriber wants to skip ahead, he doesn't want to wait for next month to get more material. Let's say the subscriber has ACL Permission 1. All I would need is a separate CBSubs lifetime plan to add permission 2 to the user.

For that I would have to create a plan for each permission, but I could hide the plans and show them in the page using conditions.

If user has permission 1, user sees the button to get permission 2.
If user has permission 2, user sees the button to get permission 3.
and so on...

Would that be ok?

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 10 months ago #315903 by krileon
Yes, that should work. Since you're adding a usergroup to the user you could limit who can access what plan based off usergroups or view access level under the Access tab of your plans. So for example you'd set the usergroup access parameter for plan 2 to check that they've the usergroup given by plan 1.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: fede312

Moderators: beatnantkrileon