Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Profile URL question

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
4 years 10 months ago #315917 by liaskas
Profile URL question was created by liaskas
Hello
I am trying (about 5 hours) to find out what is wrong with my settings and i can not make the profile links look like they are on joomlapolis and community builder demo.

Right now profiles have the following url:
domain/menu-alias/userid-username (when viewing a profile, if i manually remove the "userid-", it takes me to my profile. I mention it because i do not know if it is anyhow related).

We want it to be:
domain/menu-alias/username

Joomla SEO settings:
Search Engine Friendly URLs -> YES
Use URL Rewriting -> YES
Add Suffix to URL -> NO
Unicode Aliases -> NO
Site Name in Page Titles -> NO

Menu itemS:
1 Community Builder » userprofile menu item PUBLISHED, PUBLIC, HIDDEN
1 Menu Item Alias menu item for the one above PUBLISHED, REGISTERED, VISIBLE

Now that i told you the story of my life, can you please point me to the right direction to hide the userid from the profile URLs?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 10 months ago #315931 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile URL question
User ID is prefixed to the Username for SEF URLs if the username is not SEF safe. This is entirely determined by Joomla as we run it through their alias function. The result of that function is then strictly matched against the username. If they don't match the user id is prefixed. You can avoid this by using the Profile URL parameter so you can supply your own unique profile alias. If the username contains any UTF8 characters be sure to enable "Unicode Aliases".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
4 years 10 months ago #315941 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Profile URL question
Thank you for your reply!

You can avoid this by using the Profile URL parameter so you can supply your own unique profile alias.

Can you please guide me where this can be done? Where can i set to use the Profile URL Parameter?

If the username contains any UTF8 characters be sure to enable "Unicode Aliases"

This is done in Global configuration?

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 9 months ago #315950 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile URL question

Can you please guide me where this can be done? Where can i set to use the Profile URL Parameter?

It's just a field so all you'll need to do is configure it to display on profile edit and/or registration within CB > Field Management. You can then edit your profile and provide your own profile URL alias.

This is done in Global configuration?

Yes, within Joomla global configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon