Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Substitution in language string?

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #315918 by liaskas
Substitution in language string? was created by liaskas
Hello...

I am trying to enter a substitution in a language string override but it seems that i am missing something.

The original string is
'THIS_USER_HAS_NO_BLOGS_25e7d3' => 'This user has no blogs.',

I want it to be...
'THIS_USER_HAS_NO_BLOGS_25e7d3' => '[name] has no blogs.',

On the frontend the [NAME] is not substituted. It remains "[name] has no blogs."

All the following substitutions exist in other language strings and they work! But not for "THIS_USER_HAS_NO_BLOGS_25e7d3" sting.
[name]
[NAME]
[formatname]
[username]

Can you please advise how i can make it work?

Thank you in advance.

PS: Did not find anything about language strings substitutions here:
www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by liaskas. Reason: Edited 1 line about substitutions tutorial

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 10 months ago #315932 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Substitution in language string?
Substitutions only work where they're specifically parsed for. Most language strings are not ran through substitutions. "This user has no blogs." for example is not ran though substitutions so no you will not be able to add [name] to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon